Physical Literacy Training Programs for Students & Teachers
Curriculum Presentation – Primary Instructors
Module# 1: Gateway to Physical Literacy
Price: $149 + GST
Learn to teach basic life skills for best posture, strength, mindfulness and self-esteem.
- Guide your students through kinesthetic feedback exercises
- Help students to develop good muscle memory
- Gain awareness around breathing and core engagement for support and endurance
Online Program Includes:
- Google Slides for classroom & gym
- Descriptive videos for every exercise
- Printable worksheets & lesson plans
- Web-based links to additional resources and videos
- Teacher instructional notes
- Simple 7-Minute Movement Preparation Warm-Up Routines
- Flexible course curriculum
uPrimary Student’s Online Workbook
Module #1 – Gateway to Physical Literacy
Price: $299 +GST per class (approx. 30 students)
This online workbook makes teaching a breeze!
Provide your students with the ability to work through the Module #1 – Gateway to Physical Literacy curriculum with teacher guidance or independently within a classroom setting, at-home or any where there is online access.
Students can progress through the online lessons and workbook in a linear fashion, or the program can be adapted to student experience, knowledge, skills and learning capacities.
Online Workbook Includes:
- Content, assignments and printable worksheets
- Descriptive videos for every exercise
- Personal Profile – self-assessment and accountability tool
- Web-based links to additional resources
Primary Instructor’s Training Webinar
Module #1: Gateway to Physical Literacy
Price : $99 +GST*
Prepare new strategies for your students in the field of Health and Physical Education.
Become more fluid with BMK curriculum and exercises.
Learn how to teach:
- Breathing for support
- Stability through core engagement
- Isolation and control
- Strength, flexibility and the science behind it (made easy for kids!)
*Curriculum Presentation – Primary Instructors must be purchased separately.
Webinar dates to be announced.
For Teachers or Students
Price: See options below
Introduce your teachers and/or your students to BMK by inviting us for into your school to teach and demonstrate the basic concepts in the Gateway to Physical Literacy program.
In School Workshop Pricing:
- Introduction = 1.5 hours ($150 + GST)*
- Half Day = 3 hours ($500 + GST)*
- Full Day = 5 Hours ($850 + GST)*
*Travel expenses additional.
To book a workshop contact Jacqueline Sloan at 250.889.7092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities exist to receive sponsorship subsidies to cover a portion of the financial costs for delivering the BMK program to your students.
For more information contact us at email@example.com.
Body Mechanics for Kids (BMK) has designed in person and on-line programs for both Middle School and High School to help teachers help kids understand their bodies as they grow and change.
Feeling a lack of coordination is a big reason kids won’t try something. They don’t want to look goofy. Along with this can come a feeling of lack of control or stability which can come from lack of strength in some areas because their bodies are changing. At this point muscular compensations and faulty patterning can set in.
The materials in this program will help students who are not active, as well as students who are involved in dance or sports, to feel more competent and more in control of their movements. Our aim is to set our youth up for life-long confidence in knowing how their body works best.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Focus: The BMK On-Line Program gives teachers tools to help educate kids about the important role optimum postural alignment plays in the mental and physical well-being of each of us.
What will participants learn?: The program integrates Science, Social Studies and Physical Education Curriculm. It explores what does good posture look and feel like? Participants will use critical-thinking skills, problem-solving skills and and practice kinesthetic feedback.
How will participants learn?: Movement preparation helps students excel. The program incoporates study content, hands-on activities and excercise routines. Participants will explore self-assessment techniques that help to select and modify activities to enhance one’s physical capacity and competency.
Why is this program important?: Mindfulness in movement is the best preventative care for long-term health and mobility. Better understanding quality movement helps to avoid unnecessary wear and tear of the body, prevent injuries and chronic pain.
Physical literacy is the ability to demonstrate multiple proficiences in many environments
Body Mechanics for Kids – The Gateway to Physical Literacy
Understanding Body Mechanics can be the key to motivating kids to participate more physically in life. Along with movement vocabulary we need movement fluency and physical proficiency.
Body Mechanics for Kids (BMK) introduces tools to help your students gain confidence and competence in their movement in a variety of physical activities, in multiple environments that benefits the development of the whole person.Learn more about Body Mechanics for Kids.
Workshops & Courses for Teachers
Body Mechanics for Kids (BMK) is a course designed for teachers of students of all ages. The BMK course provides an introduction to understanding the fundamentals of dynamic stability in relation to optimum functional movement, during non-locomotive and locomotive movement. After participating in this course you will:
- Better be able to create awareness around lifestyle choices and how they affect the long-term health of the body.
- Have tools to teach principles of internal and external support of the human frame in relation to functional and skillful movement.
- Be able to demonstrate to your students how their knowledge of basic anatomy relates to healthy functional movement, as well as sports related activities.
- Have the skills and exercises to teach students how to: strengthen and stabilize their bodies from the inside out; maintain optimal alignment during their activities; enhance their performance in activities and protect their bodies from injury.
- Have access to videos, links and resources for research and development of presented material including course support materials including on-line videos and updates, reference library and resource links.
Body Mechanics for Dancers
Body Mechanics for Dancers is a course designed for dance teachers. Course content focuses on building a deeper understanding of how dance movements affect the body; how to recognize optimum structural alignment; and how to support and stabilize joints while creating power, optimal range of motion and control of the body. It will address movement concepts as they pertain to dancers, with functional and skillful movement strategies. Our goal is to help you help your dancers find optimal life-long health through dance.